REPORTS TO: VICE PRESIDENT OF SALES
DEPARTMENT: LSI SALES DEPARTMENT
The sales account representative is challenged with introducing and marketing the Automated Logic product line to the North Texas market. The sales representative’s primary responsibility is to serve as a liaison between LSI and the LSI customer. This includes maintaining existing customer relationships and developing new accounts while maintaining a positive working relationship with MEP’s and the construction chain. The position must provide insight to the customer perspective of LSI’s performance and quality standards.
Skills, Knowledge, and Qualifications
All of the below or a combination thereof:
– College Degree recommended – 3 years of controls experience in the BAS market – 3-5 years of sales experience
- Financial Performance: Meet required sales volume and sales margin quotas. Minimize risk and maintain the lowest estimated cost. Minimize estimate deviations by working with the engineer.
- Customer Retention: Follow a customer retention plan. Call on engineers, arch, and customers. Develop long-term personal relationships by meeting on a regular schedule. Make the customer feel like a part of the LSI family.
- Create New Opportunities: Develop market research. Participate actively in trade associations. Launch cold calls and demos.
- Training Responsibilities: Create and maintain a training program. Develop new classes and generate customer interest.
- Sales Skills: Have the ability to recognize an opportunity and to deliver a professional sales presentation. Have the ability to create a solution and to close the sale. Be able to write control specifications and monitor Bid Day strategies.
- Relationship with Mechanicals: Maintain existing relationships and foster new ones. Create a preference for LSI.
- Communication/Documentation: Encourage positive communication between members of the Sales Team. Provide clear documentation on estimate and backup support for quotes. Document deviations from specification. Prepare bid proposals and packages.
- Professional Presentation: Maintain a professional presentation both in appearance and in written and verbal communication.